Friday, January 9, 2009

09-01-2009 - Arrival

09-01-2009 - Tom's First Blog

This is my first attempt at a blog, let alone a video blog, so bear with me as I refine the process to make it better (that's the engineer in me). Consider this a preview blog to the others to come.

My company has chosen me along with some other talented engineers to go to France to work on a contract we recently signed. This blog will detail my travels and allow friends and family to keep up to date on what I'm doing while I'm away. The picture seen to the left is a good picture to start off with. It is the capital of the city where I am staying, Toulouse.

I arrived in France on Friday, January 9th in the morning. I was suppose to stop along Chicago on my way out and pick up my work visa. But due to poor communication on Spirit AeroSystems part, I discovered only hours before my flight was suppose to take off that my visa, in fact, was not in Chicago as I was previously told. However, on the fligh overseas I did get a nice surprise. See the video below for details. Hope you enjoy and feel free to make comments!

Tommy D.

pictures

2 comments:

  1. This was an awesome video...looks like first class is the way to fly...I expect the same. :)keep us all up to date on your happenings! Miss you! BS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom-
    I am so glad you decided to do this, you did an awesome job! Everything looks amazing and like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy! Miss you.
    Jess

    ReplyDelete